Sunday 12 December 2010

Phil Wheatley and G4S - Update

I'm grateful to Mike for pointing me in the direction of these two recent disturbing stories involving G4S. The first involves their recent loss of the contract to forcibly remove foreign nationals from the UK and the second involving the death of an Aboriginal elder in Australia. Clearly in appointing Phil Wheatley they hope to be able to try and repair their damaged reputation and improve their prospects in being able to bid for further public sector work.

3 comments:

  1. Jim,

    PS on above.. dynastic connection to G4S . PW son is the Governor of G4S run HM Rye Hill.. keep it in the family!

    http://www.g4s.uk.com/en-gb/Media%20Centre/News/2010/07/19/G4S%20appoints%20new%20Director%20of%20HMP%20Rye%20Hill/

    Regards

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jim

    I think we might have a lot in common, I was CQSW trained as well, on the last course at Rainer House. After 30 years I took early retirement 18 months ago and not surprisingly I find it better than working!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainer House - now there can't be many colleagues still working who have memories of that institution! I'm sure we do have a lot in common - please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences either by commenting or by e-mail.

      Cheers,

      Jim

      Delete