Friday 24 December 2010

It's Christmas!

The time has finally arrived for this blog to take a rest. It started back in September out of sheer anger and frustration at a job I absolutely love being systematically ruined in my eyes. I sought inspiration from blogs like The Magistrate and Inspector Gadjet and just started tapping the keyboard with little thought as to where it might go. I've genuinely surprised myself that some four months later I'm still here, not bored and seemingly not stuck for words.

People who know me and are privy to my endeavours say that I'm loads more relaxed, enthusiastic even, despite the grimness of some of the posts. That has to be down to you, the readers. I have come to realise that feedback is absolutely vital for enterprises like this and I want to warmly thank everyone who has taken the trouble to post a comment. I have been absolutely thrilled by the warmth of the kind words and it's really great to know that my efforts on here at often strange times of the day are appreciated. 

I've been amazed by the statistics telling me just how far afield this blog is read. I had assumed that it might only be of some interest to people within these shores, but that is not the case at all and confirms that the internet really does connect the world. So, wherever you might be reading this, if you celebrate it I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and that you might return to the amazing world of probation when normal service resumes on December 29th.

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Have a great holiday. Great Blog and long may you continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent blog- reminds me of the days when probation had a clear purpose "advise assist and befriend" before Howard and then Straw turned it into something much less satisfactory and Blunkett introduced the appalling NOMS. Keep up the good work and enjoy a well-earned break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good one Jim , I've been very impressed with the quality and frequency of your posts.

    ReplyDelete