A very good question and there are several answers:-
1) There's a general election and therefore nothing much happens.
2) The Probation Review has been pushed down the line and things have generally gone quiet.
3) People are on holiday.
4) The Civil Service has successfully silenced staff.
5) Morale is low, people can't get motivated to contribute and are leaving the profession.
6) Newer recruits have very different perspectives to those who've been around awhile.
7) I've been pre-occupied with other things.
Collectively, these may beg the question, has the blog had its day?
Many would certainly hope so, but I think not because we all know there's plenty of trouble coming down the line from a number of quarters and then, just like those very irritating hardy garden weeds, the blog will spring back into life.