Wednesday 16 June 2021

Probation - I Wonder How Things Are Going?

Only a few days to go before the next big probation shakeup. Now everything is going to be tightly controlled by the civil service, I wonder how things are going? In particular, I wonder how recruitment is going? This from Facebook yesterday:-

Probation Jobs

People from all backgrounds end up in prison, so we need a diverse range of probation officers that reflect society and can engage with ex-offenders on many different levels. To celebrate Pride month, we asked Lisa, a probation officer in London and regional lead for HMPPS Pride in Probation and Prison (PiPP) network, to share her experiences:

“I’ve wanted to help the public and prevent crime since I was 16 years old. I studied criminology at university and then started off as a probation service officer before becoming a PQiP learner. I was a bit worried about being ‘out’ at work, but I was placed in such a welcoming office, that I put myself forward as the LGBTQ+ lead. I am a probation officer, and I am an LGBTQ+ advocate for HMPPS. I am a busy bee, but I would not change it for the world. I’m doing two wonderful things.” 

Train to become a probation officer – and bring your whole self to work.


Can you just apply to be a probation services officer? Is their currently an intake? I didn't get into the PQiP in April.

Probation Jobs Hi Xxxxxx, applications for the next round of recruitment are expected to open up again in late Summer. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for any updates. Thanks.

It’s funny that because when you go to the interviews, the candidates are predominantly white and seem to be perplexed that ethnics are in the same interview queue. Applied once and it was the worst experience of my life. If I was made to feel that way can you imagine how many other ethnic people your employment process does not favour? Food for thought. If you mean it and you want people from all backgrounds to apply then TRULY accept people from all backgrounds.

Exactly. I was declined few weeks back also as a black British citizen.

Anyone ethnic that I know has applied has never got the job. Honestly I was looked at as if I was something out of space. Absolutely abysmal.

If there were a few more people that people could relate to, maybe there would be a better chance of rehabilitation. But I don’t think they have thought that far, sadly.

A few more people of colour*

In my office we have a diverse culture of PSO’ s and PQiPs which works well. Please don’t give up trying as it is quite a hard route and probably depends on what calibre of applicants apply on that day. There are many diverse offices around the London areas. Think it depends where you go.

I have applied every intake for this for the past 3 years and I always fail the psychometric test and it annoys me as we get no feedback whatsoever on how our applications are or how we haven't done well on the test Annoying when you have all the degrees and experience necessary!

Probation Jobs Hi Xxxxxxx, In line with HMPPS recruitment policy, feedback is provided only to candidates who reach the Assessment Centre (or Virtual Assessment Event) stage. We are unable to provide feedback to candidates who are unsuccessful at the online test stage. The majority of your scoring will have been made up from the competency questions, so you should focus on those on future applications. We do not have practice tests we are able to share. However there are practice tests available online for psychometric testing, which are free of charge to use. Thanks.

Okay thank you. Is there any guidance at all on what should be in the competency questions as I worked very hard on them and have tried every time for 3 years now and never get any further.

Drop me a message, I should be able to help.

I always fail on 1 aspect too, as if studying 3 years in Uni wasn't hard enough.

I’m the same. I applied, did the psychometric test and didn’t get through selection after but no feedback whatsoever. It would really benefit to see what areas actually need improvement if that’s the case.

Absolutely well when I failed twice they told me which part I failed at but then when I used the same information for the application on attempt 3 I didn't even get to the next stage, absolutely ridiculous. MI5 would have an easier selection process lol. I've given up now.

It’s so annoying isn’t it! I actually phoned them to contact them about it and the man I spoke to was lovely and said my application was great but I’m failing the test. So I have no idea what I am meant to do.

Exactly, to me a degree and in house training etc should be enough after an interview, but there we go.

I know! I have a bachelors and masters degree and work with offenders in my full time role at the moment.

Absolutely unbelievable, well who knows maybe something even better will come along for you.

Sorry to jump in on this message but I also failed and would like to find out if it was the test or my application. Who did you phone to find out which one please. It's the second time applying for me.

I put in a complaint about having no feedback, and I heard nothing in return. Not very nice when you've shown an interest, its almost like you've been dropped like a hot potato.

That’s exactly how I felt. I took me so long to put together my application. The application form isn’t easy and takes a lot of time and effort, then the have to sit the test too. How are you supposed to know where you need improvement if they don’t tell you. It beyond baffles me.

Same. I'm a PSO as well and can't even get through to assessment centre.

How can it be a fail on psychometric test, it's a strange recruitment process. The balloon money test made me laugh. Don't burst a balloon you'll be classed as impulsive for clicking too many times. Then having to0 many attempts at the code breaker makes you obsessive, not driven to succeed. My weaknesses are what give me my strength, ability and drive. Personally feel I know myself well enough to know the results of the test didn't much reflect my personality.

Completely agree! Be nice to get some good feedback on it but it’s just a shame when you want something so bad and do what you can to prepare and it doesn’t even get looked at.

Also that face one, where you have to make a judgement on what how the person was feeling, angry etc. What if someone has a resting angry face (does this mean they are angry) or someone who likes to smile a lot while they are actually angry or upset) thought that one was a bit silly to be fair.

I hear you on this. x

I got sifted for the assessment day, got asked to upload proof of ID etc, attempted to but the applicant portal got stuck on a date it didn't like and wouldn't let me proceed further. I emailed and phoned the recruitment team and vetting team to ask for help.

I guess nobody knows how to fix the glitch in the portal, so my emails have just been ignored. Quite disappointing.

Was wondering if those waiting on the merit list are likely to hear anything regarding a possible November placement?

Probation Jobs Hi Xxxxxx, If you were successful last year and are on the merit list, then you will be contacted and will not need to reapply. All candidates who remain unallocated are carried forward to the next intake where they are usually offered a placement. Unfortunately we are unable to disclose merit list position, as this frequently changes for example, as candidates are successfully placed, or perhaps withdraw.

Can I ask when the next intake is please? Unfortunately I did not get further then the psychometric test this time round.

Probation Jobs Hi Xxxxxx, there will be future opportunities to apply for the PQiP role in the next few months so not to worry if you couldn’t apply for the April intake. Please register your interest to be kept up to date when applications re-open.

I got through to the psychometric test , then didn't get through. Does this mean I cannot apply again ? How do we request feedback?

Probation Jobs Hi Xxxxxxx, In line with HMPPS recruitment policy, feedback is provided only to candidates who reach the Assessment Centre (or Virtual Assessment Event) stage. We are unable to provide feedback to candidates who are unsuccessful at the online test stage. The majority of your scoring will have been made up from the competency questions, so you should focus on those on future applications. Thank you for the interest shown.

Hi I'm year 2 of my criminology course should I wait to apply when I've completed the course? Thank you.

Probation Jobs Hi Xxxxxxx, candidates need to provide evidence of their level 5 qualification at the assessment centre (or virtual alternative). If your graduation certificate is not yet available, then a transcript from the university evidencing completion of your degree/level 5 would suffice. However, at the time of completing your application form you must be confident that you have obtained a level 5 qualification. Thanks.

How do you know what you failed on I just got a email saying unsuccessful.

Probation Jobs Hello Xxxxxx, In line with HMPPS recruitment policy, feedback is provided only to candidates who reach the Assessment Centre (or Virtual Assessment Event) stage. We are unable to provide feedback to candidates who are unsuccessful at the online test stage. The majority of your scoring will have been made up from the competency questions, so you should focus on those on future applications. Thank you for the interest shown.

When is the next recruiting please? Xx

Probation Jobs Hi Xxxxxxx, applications for the next round of recruitment are expected to open up again in late Summer. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for any updates.

Thank you so much! I will keep an eye on it. 

Too old now as 55 and training takes 18 months so won't get looked at.

Probation Jobs Hi Xxxxxxx, as per our equality and diversity policy, we would encourage everyone to apply if you have the required qualifications and experience, although for HMPPS operational roles, including Probation Officer you must be aged 18 by the start date. 

The probation service employ a diverse workforce, age is often an asset.

This story is so close to home for me. Just finished my criminology and Psychology degree and waiting patiently for the next intake.

Got through to interview stage last year and got cancelled and rescheduled repeatedly due to lockdowns, now would have to go through the whole process again. CBA.

How do I apply?

Probation Jobs Hi Xxxxxx, applications for the next round of recruitment are expected to open up again in late Summer. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for any updates.

I would like to train? Are the training posts been advertised again.

Probation Jobs Hi Xxxxxxx, applications for the next round of recruitment are expected to open up again in late Summer. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for any updates.

I have over 20 years experience of working with high risk offenders, but I don't have a level 5 qualification so I am unable to apply.

I would didn't get through the PQiP this time look at PSO and there's nothing near me!

Currently recruiting for PSO roles.

Are the training posts being advertised again?

Probation Jobs Hi Xxxxxx, applications for the next round of recruitment are expected to open up again in late Summer. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for any updates.

--oo00oo--

A reminder of this press release from HM Probation Inspectorate dated 16th March 2021:-

Probation service must ‘reset and raise’ standard of work with ethnic minority service users and staff urgently

Probation services must show greater consideration and confidence in their work with black, Asian and minority ethnic service users and staff, according to a new report.

Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Probation found the probation service’s focus on racial equality has declined since Transforming Rehabilitation reforms were introduced in 2014.

Inspectors also found the service has no specific strategy for delivering activity to ethnic minority service users.

More than 222,000 people are supervised by probation services across England and Wales. Around a fifth of people on probation are from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds.

Chief Inspector of Probation Justin Russell said: “This has been a challenging year for probation staff and I pay tribute to the way they have pulled together to respond to the Covid-19 pandemic. But the service faces other major challenges too – not least, ensuring that every service user, whatever their background, gets proper support and supervision.

“In this inspection, we found very little evidence of probation officers speaking to service users about their race, ethnicity or experiences of discrimination. Some officers – by their own admission – avoided talking about these issues altogether.

“Data about race, ethnicity and religion was missing in almost one in 10 inspected cases. Sometimes staff met with individuals who had experienced discrimination or trauma, but no issues were recorded on their file.

“These are disappointing findings. We have concerns about every stage of probation supervision from the quality of pre-sentencing reports – we found 40 per cent were insufficient in considering diversity factors – to the way that ethnic minority service users were involved in their assessment and sentence plans.

“Probation officers need to find out as much as possible about individuals to support their rehabilitation. How can you help someone if you don’t know what their life is like?”

Some individuals cited it was difficult to engage with probation because of previous negative experiences with the police, prison staff or with white people in other positions of authority.

Some service users reported their probation officers were kind and well-meaning but did not understand their heritage, culture or religion.

Links with local community organisations are poor and culturally-appropriate services are rarely commissioned. There are also few programmes to address racially-motivated offending.

The report also explored the experiences of ethnic minority probation staff. Key findings include:
  • inspectors heard distressing stories of inappropriate behaviour towards ethnic minority staff including instances of stereotyping, racist and sexualised language, and false allegations
  • ethnic minority staff were not always consulted or supported to work with individuals who had committed race-related offences
  • many surveyed staff did not feel it was safe to raise issues of racial discrimination at work and lacked faith that complaints would be handled appropriately. Inspectors heard serious complaints had been repeatedly downplayed, ignored or dismissed
  • of the 30 staff from our survey who had raised an issue of racial discrimination, only two felt the process and outcomes had been handled fairly
  • some ethnic minority staff felt recruitment and promotion practices were not open and fair.
The Inspectorate’s report includes 15 recommendations for HM Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS) and the National Probation Service (NPS).

Mr Russell said: “In a little over 100 days, probation services will be unified in England and Wales. This is an important opportunity to reset and raise the standard of work with ethnic minority service users and staff.

“At a national level, we want to see a strategy that sets out how the unified service will work with ethnic minority service users. Data should be gathered and published to identify and address trends, for example if particular ethnic groups are breached or recalled to prison at a disproportionate rate.

“Training gaps across all grades need to be addressed. Training senior leaders and managers will lead to improved understanding and behaviour change. Training probation officers will ensure they understand the impact of racism and discrimination on service users’ lives and on their own practice.

“There is also an urgent job to do to rebuild trust with ethnic minority staff. It was painful to hear stories of discrimination and this was made worse by the fact that staff did not feel heard or believed and were considered ‘trouble-makers’.

“There is a critical need to review the complaints and grievance process and train managers to deal with discrimination confidentially and sensitively.”

In an unusual move, Mr Russell announced his intention to reinspect this work again in two years. He concluded: “HMPPS and the probation service are now paying attention to this issue but need to keep up the momentum. This work needs to be taken forward at pace, and real and rapid progress to further race equality in probation.”

16 comments:

  1. I hope there are no comments because this BLOG is set to Pre Moderation - It is interesting that that Facebook website from the MOJ - which I have tangled with in the past - has had a name and image change - also interesting that they feature trainees and not experienced officers.

    What saddens me is the extent of the naivety of the enquirers - but then I suppose I was similarly naive when I pitched up at Sittingbourne Probation Office one Saturday morning in 1972 to speak with the SPO on the recommendation of a Methodist Church friend who was a magistrate.

    I was far less naive by the time Clare Morris and her Liverpool colleagues at the University's Department of Extension Studies had done with me by summer 1975 - by which time I had also tangled with Napo who were threatening to change the Confirmation Terms of one year to three years - they didn't and I wrote to their Salaries Committee - coincidentally then with Merseyside colleague SPO Les Harrison a memmber - who I do not think ever forgave me!

    Les Harrison was a fine servant of us all watching out for tweaks to the pension arrangements - he later served as an Edridge Trustee - I wonder if today's probation workers even know about the Edridge Trust?

    As I discovered as the Essex Branch Napo Edridge Rep for a year or two in 1980s - some of our colleagues and ex-colleagues really do need charitable support to survive financially.

    I wish dear Les Harrison was still on the Salaries Committee.

    http://www.edridgefund.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/her-majestys-prison-and-probation-service/about/personal-information-charter

    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/hmpps-digital-data-and-technology-strategy-what-to-expect-in-202122

    https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/announcements/hmpps-annual-digest-april-2020-to-march-2021

    https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/trainee-probation-officers-diversity-and-location-statistics-202021

    "

    Non-executive directors are senior figures from outside government, appointed to provide challenge to departments. They are appointed directly by the Secretary of State and are not civil servants. Their role is to:

    give advice to ministers and officials on the operational and delivery implications of policy proposals
    provide independent support, guidance and challenge on the progress and implementation of the department’s strategic direction
    advise on performance and monitor implementation of the department’s business plans

    David Bernstein has been chairman of the British Red Cross since 2015 and brings a wealth of business experience. In 2014 he was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) for his services to football.

    Heather Savory has 30 years’ experience in the public and private sector. She is currently a non-executive director within the UK Parliament Authority for the House of Lords and was previously Director General for Data Capability at the Office for National Statistics.

    Nick Folland was chief executive of the Crown Prosecution Service between 2016 and 2018. He is also the Senior Independent Member of the Natural Environment Research Council - the UK’s leading public funder of environmental science."

    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/hmpps-investigatory-powers-policy-framework

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re-posted for information:-

    URGENT

    UNISON believes that the London CRC and the Thames Valley CRC have failed to apply a critical contractual term which provides that staff who were appointed, promoted or regraded between 2 October and 31 March in any financial year should be granted their first increment on the six month anniversary of their appointment.

    Instead of receiving their first increment on the six-month anniversary of their appointment, we believe that MTCnovo made staff in the above categories wait until 1 April in the following financial year to award them their first increment.

    This means that staff in these categories may have suffered financial loss as a result of being one increment behind where they should be in their pay band. This financial loss may be on-going and may represent an unlawful deduction of wages.

    Please note that:
    to be eligible to bring a claim you must have been appointed, promoted or regraded by either the London CRC or the Thames Valley CRC between 2 October and 31 March in any financial year since the CRCs were first created on 1 June 2014
    members on protected Serco spot salaries are not eligible to join the claim

    If you have any questions on the contents of this bulletin please contact your local UNISON representative/branch who will be able to put you in contact with someone who can assist.

    What are the Contractual Clauses that MTCnovo has failed to apply?

    The contracts of employment of all MTCnovo staff (with the exception of staff on protected Serco contracts) are based upon the former National Negotiating Council for the Probation Service (NNC) Legacy Handbook dated 31 May 2014, or the former SCCOG Legacy Handbook.

    The NNC Handbook, which covers staff in pay bands 1-6, sets out the following at Section A/2 Pay and Grading:

    11. Employees with less than six months’ service in the pay band after appointment, promotion or regrading on 1 April in any year will not be eligible for progression on that date. Such employees will not progress until six months after appointment, promotion or regrading. Normal progression will then take place on the following 1 April. There can be no backdating of progression. There will be no progression beyond the maximum of the pay band.

    The same clause is replicated in the former SCCOG Legacy Handbook dated 31 May 2014 which covers pay bands A – D.

    UNISON has asked MTCnovo to confirm that it has complied with these contractual clauses in the London and Thames Valley CRCs and the company has not been able to do

    Please note that if you are eligible to join the claim, UNISON will work with you to calculate your individual losses.

    INSTRUCTIONS FOR MEMBERS


    If you were appointed, re-graded or promoted by London CRC or Thames Valley CRC between 2 October and 31 March in any financial year since 1 June 2014 you may be eligible to bring a claim against the London CRC or the Thames Valley CRC for an unlawful deduction of wages.

    There is a time limit to bringing such claims, which is three months from the payment of the last increment. In this case the time limit will expire on 30 June 2021, so members who believe that they may be eligible will need to contact UNISON as a matter of urgency.

    We will need to receive your completed case form by no later than 5pm on Friday 25 June

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Xxxxxxxxx

    Challenges – Probation Reunification Webinars

    To mark the reunification of the Probation Service this month, Napo and the Probation Journal undertook a project to gather the views of a range of people and groups with an interest in Probation on the new landscape of the Service following the end of TR and the reunification under the NPS.

    People approached included politicians, key players in the Justice Sector and academics. Contributors were asked to produce a short webinar clip addressing: what challenges they see ahead and what opportunities; and to tell us what one thing they would like to see achieved from the new unified service.

    This collection of film shorts, providing a snapshot of where we are now and an insight into where we are heading, is available to view NOW at https://www.youtube.com/user/NapoNewsTV/playlists.

    Contributors include: Shadow Justice Secretary, David Lammy; Chief Inspector of Probation, Justin Russell; Andrew Neilson from the Howard League; Katy Swaine-Williams from the Women’s Justice Centre; Jess Mullen from Clinks; and academics; Matthew Millings, Gwen Robinson, Harry Annison, Matt Cracknell, Sam Ainslie, Matt Tidmarsh, Jake Phillips and Kevin Albertson.

    START WATCHING NOW

    Napo HQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unison taking pay deduction matters forward and possibly to law. Doing the calculations for members lost pay and renagaged conditions. Napo running a less than probable view of what is to come. A vanity skit for the blowhards that will do nothing for our pay. When are Napo to collapse so we can unify to alternate do something real opposition.

      Delete
  5. How are things going?

    Inference from the silences & the few tales of woe emerging, its as shit as ever, if not ever more shittier.

    Staff having the piss taken out of them & 'excellent leaders' failing to lead anything or anyone anywhere - except down the garden path.

    But they do have a million new recruits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although probation is about to be unified, I doubt very much that it will look or feel like it did before privatisation.
    The Dynamic Framework will see probation still having to work with other agencies and partners whether it wants to or not.
    What if any lessons has been learned by government from previous ventures into private/public outsourcing and partnerships?
    With that in mind, the following article may be of interest to some.

    https://ssir.org/articles/entry/spotlighting_shared_outcomes_for_social_impact_programs_that_work#

    'Getafix

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last week ksscrc staff were sent information that they would receive a pay increase on 26/6/21. Today weve received letters that our pay will not increase. Good start. Anyone know how many years it takes to get to the top of band 4 nps scale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 0-0... things are going just fine the now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What has happened to this blog. I keep hoping a thread will yield a discussion but all I see is disjointed crap. Can we all make the effort the effort to contribute to support the blogs independence and external voice . Can we get on topic can we make this blog lovely again please. It was so informative and a help what's the matter with us are we all surrendered .

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder why MTC haven't already been stripped of this contract?

    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/inspectorates-rainsbrook-children-and-staff-fear-serious-harm

    'Getafix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Serious and widespread failings at Rainsbrook secure training centre have put children and staff at risk of harm, Ofsted, HMI Prisons and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) find.

      Such is their concern about safety at the MTC-run centre near Rugby, the inspectorates have written to the Secretary of State for Justice triggering an urgent notification (UN) for the second time in 6 months. Robert Buckland now has 28 days to respond.

      The Ministry of Justice announced on Wednesday (16 June) that they had taken the decision to remove all children from the centre.

      During a June inspection, children and staff told inspectors that they did not feel safe, fearing that someone was going to die or be seriously harmed. Levels of violence and staff use of force are high. Physical assaults between children are common, and children are able to bully and intimidate each other.

      The letter highlights serious failures of leadership and staff who are ill-equipped to care for the centre’s highly vulnerable children. Inspectors found that unsafe practice still continues and is not being appropriately dealt with, while the disconnect between senior leaders and staff on the ground has deteriorated since previous visits.

      Inspectors also found:

      the centre has struggled to recruit and retain enough staff with the right skills to care for vulnerable children. Staff shortages mean that units often only have one member of staff on duty

      lapses in security are placing children at risk. Searching procedures are poor and there is increased evidence of staff bringing prohibited items into the centre

      education provision is poor, with children making little progress. Inspectors saw instances of aggression that took staff too long to de-escalate, making the learning environment unsafe. On two occasions, children were seen locked in classrooms unsupervised

      children aren’t always being taken to medical appointments or are taken late, and as a result are sometimes refused treatment. Children are often going without their prescribed medication, putting their health at risk.

      The findings follow a series of negative inspection and visit outcomes for the centre. After visits in October and December last year, which highlighted serious concerns - including children being kept in their rooms for up to 23.5 hours a day - the inspectorates issued the first UN requiring the Ministry of Justice to set out an action plan for improvement at the centre. While a monitoring visit in January this year showed some improvements, and that concerns about children on the ‘reverse cohorting’ unit have now been addressed, the second UN highlights further serious issues. An inspection report will be published in due course.

      Delete
    2. Amanda Spielman, Ofsted’s Chief Inspector, said:

      Despite being warned about serious failings last year, it’s astounding to see that Rainsbrook has deteriorated even further, leaving children and staff fearing for their safety. These are incredibly vulnerable children – some as young as 14 – who need specialist care. The pandemic has been challenging, but that is no excuse for poor practice and leadership. It’s vital that long-term, sustainable improvement is secured at the centre.

      Charlie Taylor, Chief Inspector of Prisons, said:

      It is hugely disappointing that in spite of the previous Urgent Notification, things have deteriorated at the STC with children and staff members not being kept safe. It is essential that the troubled and often challenging children who come into the STC are urgently provided with the right levels of care and support.

      Rosie Benneyworth, Chief Inspector of Primary Medical Services and Integrated Care at CQC, said:

      As joint inspectorates, our priority is making sure that the care, safety and well-being of the children at this secure training centre is front and centre. Where we have concerns, we take proportionate action to drive improvement and the decision to issue an urgent notice is not taken lightly.

      While the reasons for taking this step do not relate specifically to the healthcare provision at Rainsbrook STC, we are concerned about the impact that these issues can have on the well-being of children and young people at the service.

      Delete
  11. The millions of new staff will be just fine. They'll have had excellent training overseen by the excellent leaders. The shit work of the past will be eclipsed by the excellence of the new. Nothing will be the same again! The work of the new NPS will put the past to shame.

    Or...

    It will be a fucking shitshow.

    Whaddya reckon?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think 123 is right to be concerned. The new raw first generation civil service po cohort will have to do as required. The Napo contribution is now surely out of date out of touch and not in any way able to negotiate terms they have already traded away for 5 beans. 123 forecasts the prospects of a thousand recruits and that is right who is going to support them. We need a real union with real clout. Intention and power to act not a mealy mouthpiece in the form of the door mouse. Napo has long since had it best days.

    ReplyDelete